Saturday, July 10, 2010

Here comes the sun king...

Posted by Picasa
Several years ago, I discontinued the land line service at my house and never sought a land line for my residence in Florida. Email and wireless phoning seemed enough. One technology replaces another.
One issue which must be considered is how to charge the batteries should the electricity source be lost for any of many reasons. I have chosen the Solio Solar charger as an alternative in the event electricity is not available. Charged by the sun's energy, electric outlet, auto lighter outlet or computer, it may come in handy some time. The charge remains for one year. To obtain a 100% charge via solar source, the charger must be in direct sun for quite some time. Even at 40%, I was able to get two bars on my phone, which certainly would allow for a number of emergency calls.

No comments: